My sister had just left for Singapore, and I already miss her. She flew out yesterday afternoon, and would be back in December. December's not too far away, but still the remaining months wouldn't be the same as they used to be in the previous years. I would miss her.
Yesterday morning, as our car was approaching the curve leading to the departure area of the airport, I felt like crying. But I fought my tears away through looking out of the window, and pretending to take pictures of ourselves. Everyone else were indifferent. I had held it all inside until the sadness had ceased a bit. But as she rode out of the car and loaded her baggages down, I knew that there was no turning back. I felt like crying, really. But she was smiling from ear to ear, and I didn't want to ruin her mood. Or so I thought.
She sent me a text message a few minutes later, telling me how sad she felt. I thought she was really happy, but she felt how I felt.
Over lunch back at home, I told our Dad when we came home about my almost outbreak. At first he said nothing, but when he spoke, he wouldn't look at me as his voice broke a bit. And then, I knew that I was not alone with my sadness.
I missed her, still miss her, and will miss her until she goes back home. We all will.

No comments:
Post a Comment