I really don't get it. Okay, so those girls have the confidence to wear those super mini skirts and blouses with plunging necklines. They are pleased with how they look, but hey, they don't look pleasing to others (or at least, not to me).
I was walking last early Friday morning, going to my 7am class when there was this girl in a really short skirt a few meters ahead of me. I didn't really care. But when something that she was holding fell to the ground, she bent low without bending her knees, and hello, she almost showed the whole world her thing. And I mean, what if there was a guy walking behind her? Would she give him the pleasure? Would she stoop that low in her deeds to make papansin? Girl, get lost.
I somehow believe that a person should dress according to how he or she wants to be respected. I see nothing wrong with wearing those kikay clothes, IF AND ONLY IF a girl could carry herself. You don't want to be seen like a whore, do you? Okay, so that was brutal, sorry. But please, if you want to be respected, do look respectable. Looking like a slut wouldn't make you "in"; it would make you look like a fashion victim in return.
So back to that girl. She looked quite good in her outfit, but I would suggest that she must purchase a brand new line of self-respect. Or at least, change the way she's acting. Look good inside and out. If you want to be respected and admired, please do look AND act respectable and admirable.
I am not being entirely a feminist here, coz I don't think female domination would make the world better. I prefer gender equality, and if you, my co-species, don't want to be treated like fragile, fickle females, start with yourself. Project an image that's not so pacute and not the i-am-a-girl-therefore-i-deserve-a-pampering-treatment kind. Hello, we are in a world where women are empowered. So do make use of that prerogative to stand up for yourself and earn the respect you deserve.
You might look pretty, but you act like a slut. Oh come on. Please do something to elevate the female species.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
im with u im with u.
Post a Comment