Tuesday, February 20, 2007

just whining. wanna hear it?

I know I should be glad. But lo and behold, I am not. I am confused. Lost. And in the middle of nowhere. I don't know where I stand in his eyes. He's all nice to me, but I don't know how to interpret his signs. And by the way, is there really anything to interpret?

Well, it's not everyday that I get to meet someone who's (almost) perfect. And he is. I mean, he's smart, funny, nice, caring, humble, creative, affluent, friendly.. and a lot more. He's just... him. And I find him special. But how does he find me?

Okay, so he walks beside me when we're together in our group. He smiles a lot around me. He sends me all those mundane academic questions in text for no reason. He carried my big, heavy bag once for me (once I mean, for whole 2 hours). And he would be accompanying me to a movie his org is sponsoring. Now, how is that?

I mean, he really is friendly. And I know him for barely 4 months now. I couldn't easily say that he likes me or is just being friendly. Damn. I hate being so clueless. Okay, so I am not that clueless, coz I am not that dense not to see those signs. But are those really signs? Or am I just plainly paranoid?

See, this is the toll that I pay for being one heck of a paranoid. I always try to read between the lines though the truth is, the paper is a bondpaper. I hate it. And now, I am reading again. But the paper is a black colored paper where lines are invisible (that is, if there are lines in there). I hate it.

The sem would be over in a month. Now, what should I do? A friend of mine said that we should conspire a plan so that he would know how I feel. But I disagreed. My pride is at stake there if ever he really doesn't feel a thing. And he answered me with a question of "what if he feels something? You would lose him." As if he's mine. Duh.


Okay, so I am infatuated. This isn't love; that's a freaking fact. But how would I know? I haven't been in it yet. Sure, people would answer, "You would just know it." Hello? How? Would an alarm ring in my ear saying "You're in love!" a gazillion times? Should it? Oh come on. This love thing is so ambiguous and really is vague.

Maybe because Valentines Day was just a week ago, that people are still in a haze. But I am not. My Valentines day was just the same as it was as the other 16 ones of my life. Great. Though I celebrated on that day. it wasn't because it is Valentines Day. It was a roommate's birthday. And we totally got over the fact that couples are just all around us when all of us (single) girls had a bang.

Speaking of Valentines Day, he told me that he went to the Schizofairnia concert. Shucks. I wonder with whom. Oh whatever. he's got his own life and I got mine. Get over it.

Sure heck, I am whining here because of him. I hate it. I haven't been like this before. As if. I hate it. If only he wasn't so nice and so clue-ful (what a word) to me, I wouldn't be thinking this way. I wouldn't be paranoid. I wouldn't be whining on an afternoon like this when I've got a thousand more things to do. But hey, I need to get this out of my system, ASAP. I need to focus on things. Okay, so this is a thing. But I don't want to focus on this. I don't need to focus on this. This situation would settle by itself. Or so I hope.

Now, all I can do is observe. And just chew my tongue so as not to whine again.

*inhales then exhales*

I hope this thing would be over before the sem ends. So I can go on peacefully with my life. Peaceful, I mean without having to think about him or when I would see him again. Whatever.

Things would be okay soon. I hope they would be okay soon. I need them to be okay soon.

2 comments:

KB said...

the second most irrational thing in the world: infatuation.
veighda, inevitable ang feeling na yan! things wouldn't end soon.
what's better to be done is to find out if he is in it for you too!
love spells and kulam (?) on the way!
no seriously, we are just too young to fight these kinds of things, so if you cant beat it, join it! might as well enjoy the feeling (whether bliss or pain). i am no good myself when it comes to things like this because i even tend to overinfatuate (i guess that would be obsession). but remember, things get better! you never know what you're gonna get! forrest gump couldnt have said it any better.

The Lesser Evil said...

Hmmm. Hmmm veda. Sino yan? Lol.

Remember: You'll never feel something unless the other person made you feel it (or intended to make you feel it) or something to that extent. Oh you got my point. Haha.