Sunday, October 26, 2008

5 Down, 7 to Go!

A few quotes from Zadie Smith's White Teeth. I have started reading this last summer, but I'm yet to finish it.

“… you’ll find things need folds, they need to overlap, otherwise life would be like a broadsheet: flapping in the wind and down the street so you lose the important sections.”


“You must live with the full knowledge that your actions will remain. We are creatures of consequence, Archibald.”

“One sometimes forgets the significance of one’s teeth. We’re not like the lower animals – teeth replaced regularly and all that – we’re of the mammals, you see. And mammals only get two chances, with teeth. More sugar?”

I have just finished reading Gossip Girl #7: Nobody Does It Better (Cecily von Ziegesar). I am now in the venture of finishing White Teeth. And then I'll get on with reading Fight Club (Chuck Palahniuk) which I borrowed from Master Renchantan and I promised to return early next sem, in one of our classes together.


Okay, I'm a bum.



***


























IMY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the downgrade publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=limewire pro 4.16.6.1 retail 2008 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg